也是采访,这个比较有意思(翻译完毕)

[复制链接]
发表于 2003-6-5 12:30:05 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
From Shonen Jump #2, February 2003 THE GAME MASTER
An Interview with Yu-Gi-Oh! Creator
Kazuki Takahashi
少年jump第二期 2003年2月 (北美发售难道是随机事件?——)
对游戏王的创造者——高桥和希的采访

Hundreds of characters. Thousands of monsters. The Yu-Gi-Oh! phenomenon all starts with the imagination and colorful, stylish artwork of one person, Kazuki Takahashi. Takahashi first tried to break into the manga business in 1982, but sucess eluded him until Yu-Gi-Oh! debuted in Weekly Shonen Jump in 1996. The creation of the first 'Magic and Wizards' monster, the Blue-Eyes White Dragon, began the transformation from game manga to actual card game, giving a totally new dimension to the classic shonen manga themes of friendship and fighting.
成百上千的人物角色和怪兽设定。所有的游戏王现象都起始于一个人——这些缤纷眩目作品的作者,高桥和希。高桥第一次试图从事漫画事业是在1982年,但是直到1996年游戏王在周刊少年jump上开始连载,成功才刚刚降临。第一个M&W怪兽青眼白龙的创造开始了从游戏漫画到现实中卡牌游戏的转换,同时也给“友情与战斗”这个少年漫画的传统主题了一个崭新的铺展空间。

What is the secret of Yugi's split identity-his ability to become the King of Games? Says Takahashi: "The 'other self' exists in everyone, i believe. It's the ideal you...but when the expectations of your parents or the world around you start to pressure you into something, and you can no longer endure the weight of that existance, you may lose sight of yourself."
游戏的分离人格成为游戏王的秘密又是什么呢?
“我相信每个人都有‘另一个我’”高桥说道,“那是一个最理想的你。但是当来自父母和外界对你的期望使你不得不成为另一个样子,而且你自己都无法承担这个理想化的存在时,你便开始渐渐失去自我。”

Takahashi didn't lose sight of himself-and Yu-Gi-Oh! is the result.
幸运的是高桥并没有迷失,游戏王的诞生就是证据。

Part I: CHARACTER BACKGROUND
第一部分:角色背景

SHONEN JUMP: What were you like when you were younger (say, in middle school and high school)?
SJ:在您年轻的时候(初、高中时),您喜欢做些什么?
TAKAHASHI: In middle school, i was active in the tennis club and i drew manga as a hobby. Studying was not my favorite thing, and i used to doodle on my text books. I also had part-time jobs at convience stores and coffee shops.
高桥:初中的时候我很活跃于网球社团,画漫画也是爱好之一。我不是很喜欢学习,以前倒是经常在课本上涂鸦。以前还有在便利商店和咖啡店里兼职。

SHONEN JUMP: How old were you when you first started drawing? What sort of things did you draw?
SJ:您是从什么时候开始画画的?画的又是什么呢?
TAKAHASHI: When i was in kindergarden, i used to draw robots from anime shows on TV. They were quite a hit with my friends.
高桥:最早是在幼儿园,那时画电视里放的机器人。这在当时的小孩子间时非常流行的。

SHONEN JUMP: What would you say are your artistic influences?
SJ:哪些是对您的画风最有影响的呢?
TAKAHASHI: I loved Ultraman when i was in elementary school, so i dreamed of becoming a monster designer. Before i had settled down to my current style of drawing, i see-sawed a lot between styles such as comical, realistic and anime, which i'm all influenced by. In the end, i think i mixed up all these styles and gave birth to Yu-Gi-Oh!.
高桥:读小学的时候我最喜欢奥特曼,所以当时梦想成为一个怪兽设定人员。在定位于现在的风格之前,我其实一直徘徊在连环画(应该是指美式的吧?)、写实和动画这几种对我影响都很大的风格之间。最后我想我可能将这几种风格都融合在了一起,并以此创作了游戏王。

SHONEN JUMP: I have heard that you were drawing manga as early as 1982. Can you tell us about the manga which you drew before you made Yu-Gi-Oh!?
SJ:我听说您早在1982年就开始画漫画了,那可否告诉我们在游戏王之前您画的是什么呢?
TAKAHASHI: They were manga about things like baseball and pro wrestling. A lot of them had "battle" themes.
高桥:那是些关于棒球和职业摔跤的漫画,很多都是以“战斗”作为主题的。(……好奇中……)

SHONEN JUMP: Before you created Yu-Gi-Oh!, you worked at a game company. Can you tell us about this period in your life? What kind of work did you do?
SJ:在创作游戏王之前,您曾在一家游戏公司工作,能否告诉我们您的这一生活片段呢?您从事的是哪部分工作?
TAKAHASHI: I worked as a designer of panels for slot machines.
高桥:我当时是投币机(老、老虎机?│││……可能泛指投币的游戏机)控制板的设计师。

SHONEN JUMP: How did you become a full-time professional manga artist and start to draw Yu-Gi-Oh!?
SJ:您是怎么会成为全职漫画家并开始画游戏王的?
TAKAHASHI: In the beginning, i showed my work to a few publishers while i was working as an assistant to other artists. One of the editors of Weekly Shonen Jump gave me a good evaluation, which gave me the oppourtunity to keep working on my manga, and eventually led to Yu-Gi-Oh!.
高桥:一开始我只是在做其他漫画家(谁?)的助手时向一些出版商展示了我画的作品,其中一个就是少年jump的编辑。他给了我很高的评价,使我有机会继续画我的漫画,并最终产生了游戏王。

SHONEN JUMP: What kind of drawing and coloring materials do you use?
SJ:您使用哪些画具?
TAKAHASHI: I use "G-pens" for inking. I use paper from general retail stores. For coloring, i use water-color and markers.
高桥:我用G笔勾线,纸用的是一般零售店里卖的那种。上色的时候我用水彩和麦克笔。

Part II: GAMES AND INTERESTS
第二部分:游戏和爱好

SHONEN JUMP: Why did you choose an Egyptian theme for Yu-Gi-Oh!?
SJ:为什么您用埃及作为游戏王的主题?
TAKAHASHI: First, i was planning on making "games" the theme, and i found out that most modern games originated in ancient Egypt. I included elements of Egyptian mythology to enhance the story.
高桥:一开始我就打算画以“游戏”为主的漫画,然后发现大多数的现代游戏都起源于古埃及。于是我把很多埃及神话元素添加进去以增加故事容量。

SHONEN JUMP: What parts of the world have you visited?
SJ:您到访过世界的哪些地方?
TAKAHASHI: Before i started drawing Yu-Gi-Oh!, i went to Egypt. Other than that, i have been to Los Angeles, Las Vegas, and Disney World in Florida.
高桥:在画游戏王之前我就去过埃及。其他的地方还有美国的洛杉矶、拉斯维加斯以及弗罗里达州的迪斯尼乐园。

SHONEN JUMP: "Darkness" and "magic" are recurring themes in Yu-Gi-Oh!. Do you have any personal interest in scary things or the occult?
SJ:“黑暗”以及“魔法”在游戏王中反复出现,那么您自己是否对恐怖和超自然的东西非常感兴趣?
TAKAHASHI: I am drawn to the unsolved mysteries of some unexplainable phenomena. But i believe that in reality, "fear" is a creation of the human mind.
高桥:我对一些无法解答的密题和现象非常着迷。但是我相信现实世界,“恐惧”只是人类情感的衍生物。

SHONEN JUMP: Have you seen the movie Hellraiser, with its ancient magical puzzle?
SJ:您又没有看过一部叫Hellraiser(养鬼食人、猛鬼追魂,随便翻。不过据说和寂静岭有一拼)?里面也有一个古代的魔法拼图
TAKAHASHI: I really like that movie. The part in my manga about puzzles communicating with different worlds may be influenced by it.
高桥:我很喜欢那部电影啊(恶趣味)。漫画中关于拼图连接着不同世界的那部分情节很有可能就是受此影响

SHONEN JUMP: You have said that you're interested in American comics. Are there particular artists or titles that you like? Are you more interestedin the art style, or the story themes such as "justice" and "revene of the underdog" which often appear in superhero stories?
SJ:您说您很喜欢美式漫画,那是否有特定的画家或作品呢?您是对这种画风还是对诸如“正义”和“惩恶扬善”之类经常出现在超级英雄故事中的主旋律感兴趣呢?
TAKAHASHI: I like Simon Bisley. I thought the Spiderman movie was very good work. Isn't it a pre-requisite for today's heroes to seek justic, but not forget their humanity?
高桥:我喜欢Simon Bisley(《末日四骑士》的作者)。蜘蛛人这部电影做得很棒。在今天的这些英雄们寻求正义之前,他们的人性难道不是首要条件吗?

SHONEN JUMP: What are some of the board games or traditional games that you like?
SJ:您喜欢哪些桌面或传统游戏?
TAKAHASHI: I like Shogi [The Japanese version of Chess],Majong and cards.
高桥:我喜欢将棋、麻将和纸牌

SHONEN JUMP: One type of game which does not appear in Yu-Gi-Oh! is online games. Is there a reason for this? Do you think it is important to play games with people face-to-face?
SJ:网络游戏至今尚未出现在游戏王里,这是否有什么原因?您是否认为人们面对面地游戏更为重要?
TAKAHASHI: Games should basically be played with a human being facing another human being to play against each other. I think the fun is in trying to read the opponent's expression to make psychological strategies. Personally, i do have an interest in online gaming, but it won't appear in my work. This is because it's only a virtual world displayed on a monitor, and not the real world that the main character will see.
高桥:游戏本就应该是人们面对面地玩。我认为其中的趣味就在于通过阅读对手的表情来制定心理战术。我个人是对网络游戏非常感兴趣的,但是它不会出现在我的作品中,因为那只是一个出现在显示器上的世界,并不是主人公们所看见的真实世界。

Part III: ALL ABOUT YU-GI-OH!
第三部分:关于游戏王的一切

SHONEN JUMP: When you started Yu-Gi-Oh!, what were your themes for the series?
SJ:当您着手游戏王的时候,您想在这个系列中表达的主旨是什么?
TAKAHASHI: Friendship. The bond between one human being and another.
高桥:友情,人与人之间的羁绊。

SHONEN JUMP: Did you intend for Yu-Gi-Oh! to become focused on cards, or on any one type of game?
SJ:您有没有打算过让游戏王集中于卡牌游戏?或者其他的任何游戏?
TAKAHASHI: I had my mind set on drawing a "battle" manga with games as its main theme, but i had no idea that card games would become the focal element. The card episode was supposed to be a one-shot story, but it got such a great reaction from the readers, so i expanded on the idea.
高桥:我的确想画通过游戏来“战斗”的漫画,不过开始并没打算让卡牌游戏成为焦点。原来卡片这一章应该是一个短小的故事,但是来自读者的巨大反响使我决定扩展这个设想

SHONEN JUMP: Was it difficult to adapt the card game in the manga into a real-world game?
SJ:使漫画里的卡牌游戏变得适应于真实世界的游戏一定很困难吧?
TAKAHASHI: In the manga, the rules need to be simplified for story purposes. I believe that what needs to be expressed in the manga is not the card game, but the characters that play it.
高桥:漫画里的游戏规则为了故事情节必须得简化。我认为通过漫画所表达的不是这个游戏,而是每个角色本身。

SHONEN JUMP: Has the card game in the manga changed, based on the knowledge that the game now exists in the real world?
SJ:漫画中的卡牌游戏是否有因为这个游戏本身的真实化而有所改变,或重新植根于真实的游戏?
TAKAHASHI: I don't think much has changed. What's important is whether the card is suitable for the character or not. The card serves as a representation of the characters personality, thought processes, and strategy.
高桥:我不认为有很大的变化。真正重要的是,这些卡牌是否适合这些角色。卡牌是用于表现这些角色的性格,然后才是进程和战术。

SHONEN JUMP: Beyond Yugi's name, is there any significance to the names of the main characters?
SJ:除了游戏的名字外,其他主要角色的名字是不是也有特殊意义?
TAKAHASHI: The first syllable of Jonouchi's name comes from yujo. Kaiba's family name, Seto, is based on the Ancient Egyptian god Set.
高桥:城之内名字发音的前半音节来自于友情。海马的名字濑人源于古埃及神赛特(混乱之神,和拉相对)。

SHONEN JUMP: Yugi has a henshin ability, but the two Yugi's look the same except for expression and personality. Did you ever consider making Yugi's alter-ego look different from Yugi?
SJ:游戏有变身能力(水兵月),但是他们除了表情和性格其他并没有什么太大的区别。您没有考虑过给另一个游戏不同的外貌吗?
TAKAHASHI: I've never thought of doing that. There are two personalities present within Yugi, but he doesnt actually transform.
高桥:我从没有这样想过。游戏的确有两种性格,但这并不是真正的变身。

SHONEN JUMP: Yu-Gi-Oh! has many memorable evil villians. Who are your favorities? What is the most important thing in making villians?
SJ:游戏王里有很多值得回味的反派角色,这其中您最喜欢谁?在创造一个反派角色时最重要的一点是什么?
TAKAHASHI: I am fond of Kaiba, and maybe Bandit Keith. It is important when creating villians to include some human traits so they arent portrayed as completely evil. "Evil" is judged by others, and from that persons perspective "evil" may actually be "good."
高桥:我很喜欢海马(他果然是反派啊……矛盾的人),但也许是奇斯。在创造反派角色时很重要的是他们也有人性特征,他们并不是绝对的邪恶。对于邪恶,每个人有不同的判断标准。对一些人而言所谓的“邪恶”也许就是“善良”呢

SHONEN JUMP: Where did you get the idea for Yugi's hair?
SJ:您从哪里得到游戏发型的灵感?(我都想知道……)
TAKAHASHI: First, i wanted to make the hairstyle very original, yet something with a lot of impact. Also, it's said that when a person is born and becomes able to see, the very first thing that a person visually memorizes is the shape of their palm. The design of Yugi's hairstyle is based on a five-fingered hand.
高桥:首先,我希望的是一个完全原创的发型,而且要有很大的冲击力。然后据说一个人刚出生的时候其实看得见东西,而一个人最初的视觉记忆是他手掌的形状。也就是说游戏的发型来自于手的形状。

SHONEN JUMP: In one of your artists' comments, you say that you've played tabletop RPGs, which also appear in the "Monster World" storyline in Yu-Gi-Oh!. What is your personal experience with RPGs? Do you prefer to be the player or the Game Master?
SJ:在您的作者寄言中曾提到您玩过桌面RPG(AD&D?)并因此产生“怪兽世界”这一章。可否谈谈个人经验?您是扮演玩家还是城主?
TAKAHASHI: I've participated in Dugeons & Dragons as a player. To be honest, I wanted to create my own scenarios and be a dungeon master but i didnt have the time. It might be those desires that now make up my manga.
高桥:我曾作为玩家参与过D&D。老实说我很想做地下城主、创作自己的情节,可是我没有这个时间。也许正是那些渴望构成了我的漫画。

SHONEN JUMP: The Yu-Gi-Oh! "Duel Disks" which they wear on their arms later in the story are real cool. Are they available in the real world?
SJ:游戏王里那些装在手臂上的决斗盘非常酷,那它们在现实中是否有售?
TAKAHASHI: They dont exist. Someone please invent them.
高桥:它们并不存在,不过我希望有人能够发明它。

SHONEN JUMP: How would you describe Bakura's personality? Because of his extreme split personality, he seems to be one of the most complicated characters...
SJ:您怎么描述獏良的性格?他看起来很复杂,因为他的人格极端分裂
TAKAHASHI: Bakura is possesed by "the evil one" through the Millennium Ring. The Dark Bakura is looking to collect all the Millennium Items to obtain the power of darkness; he'll even kill people to achieve this goal. He may prove to be Yugi's toughest enemy.
高桥:獏良因为千年环而被暗人格所支配。暗獏良搜集千年物品以得到黑暗的力量;为达到这个目的他可以不择手段,甚至杀人。他是游戏最强大的敌人。

SHONEN JUMP: How would you describe Kaiba's personality? How did he change from a "villian" into a "rival?"
SJ:那您有是怎样描述海马的性格呢?他是否从“敌人”变成“对手”?
TAKAHASHI: Kaiba has a void in his heart due to the lack of love from his parents. To develop love for himself, to fill the void, he had tried to be victorious, even if it meant hurting others. But meeting Yugi has changed him into a warrior, and given him an oppourtunity to develop as one.
高桥:因为缺乏亲情(圭平不算),海马的内心可以说是空的。为了填补这空隙,他用自己的方法寻找爱(唉…………),所以他要想成为胜利者——即使这会伤害其他人。但是和游戏的相遇是他开始变成一个战士,并且有机会真正成为一个战士。

SHONEN JUMP: One of the most impressive things about Yu-Gi-Oh! is the many weird and imaginative monsters. What things do you keep in mind when designing monsters?
SJ:游戏王里另一个给人深刻印象的就是那些奇妙而充满幻想的怪兽。在设计这些怪兽时,您脑子里在想些什么?
TAKAHASHI: I design the monsters to give shape to the characters' souls. I believe that even the heart-the soul, the inner essence-has a form.
高桥:在设计怪兽时,我所考虑的是给角色的灵魂一个形状。我相信即使是内在的心灵也应有自己的形态

SHONEN JUMP: Approximately how many monsters have you designed?
SJ:您大概创作了多少怪兽?
TAKAHASHI: I've never counted them. I design all the monsters that appear in my original manga.
高桥:我没有数过。漫画中出现的所有怪兽都是我设计的。

SHONEN JUMP: In closing, do you have a message for American fans?
SJ:最后,您想对美国的游戏王爱好者说些什么吗?
TAKAHASHI: First, i feel great pride in having many people in the US support this title. Yu-Gi-Oh!'s theme is the bond that one human being has with one another, and i'll be happy if you gain even one friend through cards and games. I will keep trying very hard to not trail behind American comic artists. Thank you very much.
高桥:首先,我对于在美国能有那么多支持游戏王的人而感到很自豪。游戏王的主题是人与人之间的羁绊,所以如果大家能够通过卡牌和游戏认识哪怕只是一个朋友,我将感到非常高兴。我也会继续努力,不被美国漫画家拉在后面的。非常感谢大家。

<span style=color:red>此贴被legilulu在2003-6-5-12:30编辑过</span>

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2003-6-5 11:27:40 | 显示全部楼层

回复:也是采访(还没翻)

...看得懂得大概~~~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-5 12:20:19 | 显示全部楼层

回复:也是采访(还没翻完)

怎么没有提到我的。。。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-6-5 12:30:48 | 显示全部楼层

回复:也是采访,这个比较有意思(翻译完毕)

马利库都没被提到……郁闷。
我捏造两段算了
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-5 12:35:24 | 显示全部楼层

恩,阿帕内心复杂,不是访问就是解释清楚的,至少要来本解迷书,像eva那样- -
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-6-5 19:15:58 | 显示全部楼层

是吗?——

对了,帕伽索斯在美版里改了名字啊,叫Maximillion Pegasus。
原因据推测是Pegasus J. Crawford听上去还不够“美国”
越来越发现美版像eva一样无法理解
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-5 19:59:01 | 显示全部楼层

可能为显示阿帕有钱才叫Maximillion。。。。。。仙蒂亚又改什么名字了。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-6-5 20:09:13 | 显示全部楼层

她叫Cecilia~~~
(觉得比Cyndia好听~~~)
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-5 20:15:28 | 显示全部楼层

西施里亚?不会发音。。。。。。如果这个名字就很中国了。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-6-5 20:20:04 | 显示全部楼层

塞西里亚……
不过阿帕………………反正是你叫,当然随你的喜好来啦……│││
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-5 20:27:47 | 显示全部楼层

漫画里面不知道仙蒂亚怎么称呼阿帕,阿帕在别人面前描述也用“仙蒂亚“全名来称呼。。。。。遗憾,得问问高桥这个问题。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-6-5 20:31:53 | 显示全部楼层

其实她叫他“星矢”……………………………………
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-5 20:37:48 | 显示全部楼层

她这么称呼的话我能接受。。。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-6-5 20:40:27 | 显示全部楼层

……我也去弄个马甲……………………
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-5 20:44:28 | 显示全部楼层

女王你想开什么马甲?为什么要用“也“,我没开马甲阿。。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2003-6-5 20:47:20 | 显示全部楼层

……阿帕心虚什么~~~?我并没说你呀~~~~~—v—+
俺只是想顺应时代之潮流~
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-6 08:52:16 | 显示全部楼层

看来是打算弄个西施里亚或者星矢什么的逗小PP玩了…………我照出来也不说,顺便再骗个油箱用用…………不过感觉高桥在埃及篇里用怪物战斗可能是自己找麻烦……这类战斗有JOJO等在前面站着……实在是很难超越的
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-6 09:36:49 | 显示全部楼层

高桥要不是最后画出游戏王,我猜他会去画拳王之类的东西...

厌恶暴力......人吃饱没事打什么架......
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-6 09:54:58 | 显示全部楼层

我就是想到女王会不会开个马甲来作弄我。。。。。。。
的确,高桥现在变成了有点像jojo,再走下去可能不怎么好,希望还是玩卡好了。可是高桥画暴力的也不会太差,你看他某些怪兽的攻击,场面就是那个好看。。。。。
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2003-6-6 09:56:17 | 显示全部楼层

女王的那篇文章里,好象说到高桥是喜欢看JOJO的……受点影响也是难免的…………
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|Nw壬天堂世界 ( 京ICP备05022083号-1 京公网安备11010202001397号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-5 10:49 , Processed in 0.052277 second(s), 6 queries , Redis On.