热搜: 资料集合
查看: 1831|回复: 3
收起左侧

[文学] Who's fault was it?

[复制链接]
发表于 2004-2-26 00:44:32 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
Who's fault was it?

by Marilyn Manson

It is sad to think that the first few people on earth needed no books, movies, games or music to inspire cold-blooded murder. The day that Cain bashed his brother Abel's brains in, the only motivation he needed was his own human disposition to violence. Whether you interpret the Bible as literature or as the final word of whatever God may be, Christianity has given us an image of death and sexuality that we have based our culture around. A half-naked dead man hangs in most homes and around our necks, and we have just taken that for granted all our lives. Is it a symbol of hope or hopelessness? The world's most famous murder-suicide was also the birth of the death icon -- the blueprint for celebrity. Unfortunately, for all of their inspiring morality, nowhere in the Gospels is intelligence praised as a virtue.

A lot of people forget or never realize that I started my band as a criticism of these very issues of despair and hypocrisy. The name Marilyn Manson has never celebrated the sad fact that America puts killers on the cover of Time magazine, giving them as much notoriety as our favorite movie stars. From Jesse James to Charles Manson, the media, since their inception, have turned criminals into folk heroes. They just created two new ones when they plastered those dipshits Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris' pictures on the front of every newspaper. Don't be surprised if every kid who gets pushed around has two new idols.

We applaud the creation of a bomb whose sole purpose is to destroy all of mankind, and we grow up watching our president's brains splattered all over Texas. Times have not become more violent. They have just become more televised. Does anyone think the Civil War was the least bit civil? If television had existed, you could be sure they would have been there to cover it, or maybe even participate in it, like their violent car chase of Princess Di. Disgusting vultures looking for corpses, exploiting, fucking, filming and serving it up for our hungry appetites in a gluttonous display of endless human stupidity.

When it comes down to who's to blame for the high school murders in Littleton, Colorado, throw a rock and you'll hit someone who's guilty. We're the people who sit back and tolerate children owning guns, and we're the ones who tune in and watch the up-to-the-minute details of what they do with them. I think it's terrible when anyone dies, especially if it is someone you know and love. But what is more offensive is that when these tragedies happen, most people don't really care any more than they would about the season finale of Friends or The Real World. I was dumbfounded as I watched the media snake right in, not missing a teardrop, interviewing the parents of dead children, televising the funerals. Then came the witch hunt.

Man's greatest fear is chaos. It was unthinkable that these kids did not have a simple black-and-white reason for their actions. And so a scapegoat was needed. I remember hearing the initial reports from Littleton, that Harris and Klebold were wearing makeup and were dressed like Marilyn Manson, whom they obviously must worship, since they were dressed in black. Of course, speculation snowballed into making me the poster boy for everything that is bad in the world. These two idiots weren't wearing makeup, and they weren't dressed like me or like goths. Since Middle America has not heard of the music they did listen to (KMFDM and Rammstein, among others), the media picked something they thought was similar.

Responsible journalists have reported with less publicity that Harris and Klebold were not Marilyn Manson fans -- that they even disliked my music. Even if they were fans, that gives them no excuse, nor does it mean that music is to blame. Did we look for James Huberty's inspiration when he gunned down people at McDonald's? What did Timothy McVeigh like to watch? What about David Koresh, Jim Jones? Do you think entertainment inspired Kip Kinkel, or should we blame the fact that his father bought him the guns he used in the Springfield, Oregon, murders? What inspires Bill Clinton to blow people up in Kosovo? Was it something that Monica Lewinsky said to him? Isn't killing just killing, regardless if it's in Vietnam or Jonesboro, Arkansas? Why do we justify one, just because it seems to be for the right reasons? Should there ever be a right reason? If a kid is old enough to drive a car or buy a gun, isn't he old enough to be held personally responsible for what he does with his car or gun? Or if he's a teenager, should someone else be blamed because he isn't as enlightened as an eighteen-year-old?

America loves to find an icon to hang its guilt on. But, admittedly, I have assumed the role of Antichrist; I am the Nineties voice of individuality, and people tend to associate anyone who looks and behaves differently with illegal or immoral activity. Deep down, most adults hate people who go against the grain. It's comical that people are naive enough to have forgotten Elvis, Jim Morrison and Ozzy so quickly. All of them were subjected to the same age-old arguments, scrutiny and prejudice. I wrote a song called 'Lunchbox,' and some journalists have interpreted it as a song about guns. Ironically, the song is about being picked on and fighting back with my Kiss lunch box, which I used as a weapon on the playground. In 1979, metal lunch boxes were banned because they were considered dangerous weapons in the hands of delinquents. I also wrote a song called 'Get Your Gunn.' The title is spelled with two n's because the song was a reaction to the murder of Dr. David Gunn, who was killed in Florida by pro-life activists while I was living there. That was the ultimate hypocrisy I witnessed growing up: that these people killed someone in the name of being 'pro-life.'

The somewhat positive messages of these songs are usually the ones that sensationalists misinterpret as promoting the very things I am decrying. Right now, everyone is thinking of how they can prevent things like Littleton. How do you prevent AIDS, world war, depression, car crashes? We live in a free country, but with that freedom there is a burden of personal responsibility. Rather than teaching a child what is moral and immoral, right and wrong, we first and foremost can establish what the laws that govern us are. You can always escape hell by not believing in it, but you cannot escape death and you cannot escape prison.

It is no wonder that kids are growing up more cynical; they have a lot of information in front of them. They can see that they are living in a world that's made of bullshit. In the past, there was always the idea that you could turn and run and start something better. But now America has become one big mall, and because of the Internet and all of the technology we have, there's nowhere to run. People are the same everywhere. Sometimes music, movies and books are the only things that let us feel like someone else feels like we do. I've always tried to let people know it's OK, or better, if you don't fit into the program. Use your imagination -- if some geek from Ohio can become something, why can't anyone else with the willpower and creativity?

I chose not to jump into the media frenzy and defend myself, though I was begged to be on every single TV show in existence. I didn't want to contribute to these fame-seeking journalists and opportunists looking to fill their churches or to get elected because of their self-righteous finger-pointing. They want to blame entertainment? Isn't religion the first real entertainment? People dress up in costumes, sing songs and dedicate themselves in eternal fandom. Everyone will agree that nothing was more entertaining than Clinton shooting off his prick and then his bombs in true political form. And the news -- that's obvious. So is entertainment to blame? I'd like media commentators to ask themselves, because their coverage of the event was some of the most gruesome entertainment any of us have seen.

I think that the National Rifle Association is far too powerful to take on, so most people choose Doom, The Basketball Diaries or yours truly. This kind of controversy does not help me sell records or tickets, and I wouldn't want it to. I'm a controversial artist, one who dares to have an opinion and bothers to create music and videos that challenge people's ideas in a world that is watered-down and hollow. In my work I examine the America we live in, and I've always tried to show people that the devil we blame our atrocities on is really just each one of us. So don't expect the end of the world to come one day out of the blue -- it's been happening every day for a long time.

MARILYN MANSON
(May 28, 1999)
 楼主| 发表于 2004-2-26 00:44:56 | 显示全部楼层
过失是谁是它?

藉着玛里琳 Manson

它是忧愁的认为在地球上的第一很少的人没有书,电影, 游戏或音乐激发冷血谋杀。 Cain 怒殴了他的兄弟亚伯的智力天在,他的唯一动机是对暴力的他自己的人类性情。 是否你解释如文学的圣经或如最后的字无论上帝可能是什么,基督教已经给我们我们在附近有建立我们的文化死亡和性别的一个图像。一半- 赤裸的的死男人在最大多数的家中和在我们的脖子周围悬挂,而且我们为允许的我们所有的生命刚刚带那。 它是希望或无希望的一个符号吗? 世界的最出名的谋杀- 自杀也是死亡圣像的出生 -- 对名人的蓝图。 不幸地, 为全部他们的激发道德,在福音中的无处是被称赞如德行的智力。

许多人或从不我开始做为绝望和伪善的这些最议题的一个批评的我乐团。 名字玛里琳 Manson 从未厌祝美国把凶手放在时间的掩护杂志的忧愁事实,给他们如很多的恶名如我们的喜爱电影明星。从耶西詹姆士到查尔斯 Manson ,媒体因为他们的起初,已经将罪犯变成人们英雄。 他们刚刚产生了二个新的一些当他们烂醉如泥那些 dipshits Dylan Klebold 和艾力克 Harris' 在每份报纸的前面上的照片。 别感到惊讶如果每个小孩谁拿摆布有二个新的偶像。

我们拍手喝采唯一的目的要人类破坏全部的炸弓单创造,而且我们长大看我们的董事长到处被使水等飞溅的智力德克萨斯 。 泰晤士报没有变得更暴力的。 他们刚刚变得更多广播。 任何人内战吗是最少的一点点市民的? 假如电视存在, 你可能确定他们那里包括它, 或也许更甚至参与它, 像他们的公主 Di 的暴力追车。 令人厌恶兀鹫找寻尸体,开发,性交, 电影和服务它为永无止境的人类愚蠢的一个暴食的展览我们的饥饿食欲提高。

当它降低至的时候谁有因为 Littleton 的中学谋杀 , 科罗拉多, 丢一块岩石,而且你将会击中了是有罪的某人。 我们是袖手旁观,而且宽容孩子拥有木仓的人,而且我们是一些调节在而且他们随身做的看直到现在的细节。 当任何人死的时候 , 我认为它是可怕的,尤其如果你而且爱的人就是某人。但是什么是更不愉快的是当这些悲剧发生的时候, 最大多数的人不真的关心任何超过他们大约季节会朋友的结局或真正的世界。 当我看了媒体蛇权利的时候 , 我被吓在, 不失去一个泪滴,接见死的孩子父母,广播葬礼。 然后来巫婆狩猎。

男人最好的恐惧是大混乱。 它是不能想的这些小孩没有一个简单的黑白理由他们的行动。 而且如此一个替罪的羔羊被需要。我记得已经听来自 Littleton ,那哈利斯和 Klebold 的起始报告正在穿着化妆而且被穿着相似的玛里琳 Manson 自他们穿着黑色以后, 他们明显地一定参加礼拜。 当然,推测进入为坏的在世界中的每件事物使我成为代表性人物之内丢雪球。 这二个白痴不是穿用的化妆,而且他们像我没被穿着或相似的 goths。 因为中央美国没有听说音乐他们确实听到 (KMFDM 和 Rammstein,尤其是),有点精选他们想法的媒体是相似的。

有责任的新闻记者已经以比较少的广告哈利斯而且 Klebold 不是玛里琳 Manson 狂热者 -- 他们更甚至讨厌了我的音乐。 即使他们是狂热者,那给他们没有藉口, 它也没有低劣的音乐要。 当他击毙麦当劳公司的人时候 , 我们找寻詹姆士 Huberty's 的灵感吗? 牧草之一种 McVeigh 喜欢什么看? 大卫 Koresh 怎么样? 吉姆钟斯 你娱乐得到灵感的 Kip Kinkel 吗,或我们应该事实吗他的父亲买他在 Springfield ,奥勒冈州用的木仓给他,谋杀? 什么激发比尔克林顿在科索沃省炸毁人? 就是有点莫尼卡吕茵斯基对他说? 吗 不在杀害正直的谋杀吗, 不管如果它在越南或 Jonesboro 中,阿肯色州? 我们为什么证明一, 仅仅因为它因为正确的理由? 应该曾经有一个正确的理由? 如果一个小孩够旧来驾驶一辆汽车或买一只木仓, 他不够老来被捉住吗自己有责任为他所处置的他汽车或木仓? 或如果他是青少年,其他人应该是比较吗因为他不是像十八岁一样的被启发?

美国爱找一个圣像悬挂它的罪行在之上。 但是, 公认地,我已经假定基督的敌人角色;我是个性的九十种声音,而且人容易联合看,而且以违法的或不道德的活动不同地举止的任何人。 深的下,最大多数的成人憎恨去对抗谷粒的人。 很好笑地 , 人够天真来已经忘记 Elvis ,吉姆 Morrison 和 Ozzy 如此的快。 他们全部都受制于相同的年龄- 旧的争论,仔细研讨和偏见。 我写一首歌叫做了 'Lunchbox',和一些新闻记者已经有关木仓解释它如一首歌。 讽刺地,歌是有关被挑选在而且之上对抗向后地由于我的吻午餐盒子, 我用如在运动场上的一个武器。 因为他们被考虑行为不良的人手危险的武器 , 所以在 1979 年,金属午餐盒子被禁止。 我也写一首歌叫做 '拿你的 Gunn.' 因为歌是对大卫博士 Gunn 的谋杀反应 , 所以名称与二 n's 一起拼, 在佛罗里达被亲生活的活跃份子杀当我正在那里住的时候。 那是终极我目击增加的伪善在:上面 那一个这些人在 '亲生活的' 名字中杀某人。

某物这些歌的积极信息通常是 sensationalists 当做促进我正在责难的最事物误解的一些。 立刻,每个人正在觉得他们能如何避免事物相似的 Littleton 。 你如何避免爱滋病,世界战争,不景气,汽车坠毁? 我们住在一个自由的国家, 但是由于那一个自由那里是个人的职责负担。不愿教一个道德的和不道德的,正确的和错误的孩子,我们首先能建立统治我们的法律是什么。 你总是能逃脱地狱被不信任它,但是你不能够逃脱死亡而且你不能够逃脱监狱。

很不足为奇地 , 小孩正在增加在更愤世嫉俗的上面;他们在他们之前有许多数据。 他们能他们正在住在一个用胡说做成的世界。 过去,总是有你可以转而且跑而且有点更开始的主意。 但是现在美国已经变得一个大的商场, 而且因为我们有的英特网和所有的技术,无处有跑。 人们是相同的各处。 有时音乐,电影和书是让我们感觉像其他人的唯一事物感觉像我们做。 我已经总是试着让人它是好, 或比较好的,如果你进入计画之内不适合。 使用你的想像 -- 如果从俄亥俄州来的一些玩家能有点变成, 为什么能不其他任何人由于 willpower 和创造力?

我选择不进入媒体狂暴之内跳跃而且防护我自己,虽然我被请求在存在的每一单一电视秀上。我不对这些寻求名望的新闻记者有助益,而且机会主义者看填充他们的教堂或当选因为他们的自以为是的指出手指的。 他们娱乐? 宗教不是第一的真正娱乐吗? 人们洋装在装束中上面,在永恒的 fandom 中唱歌而且献出他们自己。 每个人将会同意无走开比克林顿射击更愉快他的扎然后真实的政治上的形式他炸弓单。 而且新闻 -- 那是明显的。 娱乐也是? 因为他们的事件报导是我们之中的任何一个已经看到的一些最可怕的娱乐 , 所以我将会喜欢媒体讲评者他们自己。

我认为全国木仓枝协会甚远地是太有力而无法拿在,之上如此最大多数人选择命运,篮球日记或你的真实地。 这种论争不帮助我卖记录或票,而且我不它到。我是一个争论的艺术家, 人敢有一个意见,而且烦扰产生音乐和向一个被浇水的世界人主意挑战的录象机 - 下和置于地面洞。 在我的工作中我调查我们住在的美国,而且我已经总是试着人我们我们的残暴魔鬼在真的只是我们的每一个之上。 如此不期待世界的结束从蓝色来一天 -- 它已经被每天发生有很长的一段时间了。

玛里琳 MANSON
(1999 年五月 28 世)
我用快译翻译过来的 有的不准确~~
回复

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-2-26 05:00:28 | 显示全部楼层
曼森 最高 !!
回复

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-2-27 11:07:43 | 显示全部楼层
看不懂是什么...
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

QQ|小黑屋|手机版|Archiver|Nw壬天堂世界 ( 京ICP备05022083号-1 京公网安备11010202001397号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-22 20:33 , Processed in 0.045182 second(s), 5 queries , Redis On.